Pages

Search blog and web

On Feeling Protected

The other night I was picking up my husband. We were on the phone with each other as I explained where I'd parked. Meanwhile, a man who was working there approached me and began giving me a hard time. I was still inside the car and asserted myself before ignoring him so he'd go away. Hubs heard the whole thing.

As my husband walked towards the car he called out, 'Was this the guy?' From inside the car, I turned around and nodded. He walked up to him and said, 'Hey, I don't appreciate you harassing my wife...' Hubs said a few choice words, being assertive not aggressive, and the guy backed down.

I felt relief that it didn't escalate, combined (admittedly) with admiration that he'd stood up for me. It's rarely needed. The scenarios are few and far between when I experience that side of my husband. When I do though, I can't help but swoon like a stereotype. At my core, there's allure with feeling protected.

Have you experienced this with your husband? And how did you feel towards him as a result?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment