Pages

Search blog and web

"Terminating" friendships when I no longer enjoy the company of the person?

I've been told in the past by (one girl) that I'm quite cold when it comes to ending friendships. I'm a girl and unlike most I don't allow issues to snowball and lead to so called drama. I try my best to be honest and refuse to beat around the bush. I'd just like to garner any experiences/opinions on this issue. I had a semi-close friend who was quite clingy. Now, by some standards she was normal but I felt she was too attached to me. Asking for hugs, unnecessary shows of friendship etc. Anyway, after spending some time with her it dawned on me that our personalities are incompatible. We found one another funny because we share the same sense of humour and began to speak due to that. I had told her many times that I am not the hugging type but she kept going anyway. She then made jokes about me to others saying that I'm unable to show affection (I am, just not to a girl I deem an acquaintance for absolutely no reason). Anyway, I told her that I felt she w as clingy and that I could not be around her for much longer. This led to her almost breaking down and telling me that I'm "cold" and "selfish" for just "terminating" a friendship on the basis of one flaw she has. Well, to me it wasn't just a flaw. It was an annoying characteristic which nagged at me every time I had to be around her. Am I in the wrong? Should I have been more easy with her and said it in a more feminine/acceptable way. I mean, surely not telling her would make me "fake"?.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment