Pages

Search blog and web

Opinions for someone who doesn't normally date!

Sooooo basically I'm out for drinks next week with a boy I met on a night out, and this may sound silly but since I've never done this before I wanted to check there aren't any "rules" to this sort of thing that I'm not aware of? I've heard from various sources that pulls don't tend to be keepers, so wanted to check that this was the case haha.

The facts are: we met last October, got chatting in a club, we kissed, exchanged phone numbers, and then I went home.He texted me the next day, and it transpired that he actually lives 2 hours away since he just visiting friends here. Later on he mentioned that he was visiting again "soon" to catch up with friends and would I be interested in meeting him for a drink? I said yes, thinking that "soon" would be about about 2/3 weeks away. We carried on texting, and then after about a month he mentioned the drink again and asked me when I get a break from work. He did stress that him coming here was to see his friends, but long story short is that he has booked a B&B a few days after my last essay is in. So, overall, by the time we meet next week we'll have been texting almost every day for 2 1/2 months, so this a fair bit more of a build-up than I was expecting.

Essentially, what I'm trying to ask is (given the facts) what would a man in his shoes be expecting? I know *technically* if we meet I'm not obliged to stick around for ages, but at the same time given how long we've been talking I don't want to insult him either. Similarly, the fact he's mentioned this B&B more than once makes me wonder, since I'm not interested in a one-night-stand, which could easily happen given that we do live quite far away from each other. I know this sounds like I'm fretting, just wanted an opinion on this so that I can show up for drinks with a cool head rather than worrying about what it is he's after! Thanks!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment