Pages

Search blog and web

America is working nation, maybe a little too much?

I just wanted to rant about the working culture and tradition of work in the USA. My H is always working, full time and then some (50+ hours a week) and not only it is perfectly legal to work someone like that, his employer asks that from him.

No matter how much money we have in our savings he always seems to want more to feel secure. No matter that we own our house and cars and have no debts.

I am so jealous of places like France where my friends work 35 hours a week (official full time) makes just as much money and accomplishes just as much. Not even going to talk about national health insurance and maternity supports.

The official vacation time in USA is 12 days (plus holidays) where in France it is 5 to 7 weeks, in U.K. it is a month plus bank holidays makes it 5 weeks.

Although there are a lot of good things about living in USA there are some disadvantages too, the one that bugs me the most is the obsession of work and material values.

First question - what do you do for living, not for example - what are your hobbies?

End of rant

I don't want this rant to be all negative, I will mention few things I miss about America when I go back to EU to visit my family:

Drinking water free of charge in restaurants
Space, lots of space
Good water pressure in shower
Good weather
Great roads and good drivers
Friendly and polite people in the streets
Very few smokers

etc etc

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment