Pages

Search blog and web

Looking For some advice

I met my ex girlfriend 2 years ago, I'm 24 and she is 29 this was problematic in the beginning of the relationship because we were at different points in our lives but we had such an amazing chemistry that we could not stop seeing each other. We quickly became best friends.The relationship became very serious, we spent a lot of time together and were both extremely happy.During the course of the relationship we tried a few times to end it because she wanted to have a family and i was not sure if i was ready for that. On top of that the relationship was kept secret from her parents because I'm black and her parents are very "traditional" and would rather her date someone of the same cultural background. She debated on many occasions if she should tell her parents or not but since she was finishing up her masters degree she did not think that she could deal with the additional stress.

This past september she got a job contract in London for a year and we decided that we would break up. This however was very unsuccessful as we talked everyday and got even closer. She begged me to visit and searched for flights every chance she got, but unfortunately i had an extremely busy semester at school and i could not go. She made some new friends in London and began going out with them. This guy began showing interest in her and one night he drove her home and kissed her. She called me crying and told me what happened and apologized a lot even though we were not technically together, She told me she had no interest in him. a few days after she called me and said we needed to talk. She asked me where i saw our relationship going and if i saw us settling down together. Instead of taking sometime to think about it, i said that i don't think i'm ready.(which i regret now) We went a two weeks without talking and i began to think, i looked at our relationship and all the q ualities i love about her and why we work so well together. I asked myself if i was ready to settle down and the answer was a resounding yes. So i called her and she told me she was in Greece now because her grandfather's cancer had gotten alot worse. I debated telling her that i had rethought our earlier discussion because i didn't want to take her mind away from her grandfather. I eventually called her and told her. After i told her she dropped a bomb on me and told me she was seeing someone, i was shocked and upset. She told me that this guy had been pursuing her since she got to London and she did not want to keep passing on guys because of me. She told me to give her a chance to think about what i told her. She told me she was very concerned about how her family would react to her potentially marrying a black man and she was scared she would be cut of completely.( When she was 18 she dated a black guy and her father did not talk to her for 3 years) To make matters wors e for me this new guy is greek. She confided in her mother and she said that if she chooses to be with me she loses them. She called me back crying and said that she couldn't afford to lose her family right now so she can not be with me. I was devastated. We tried to distance ourselves but we couldn't and continued to keep intouch. Her new boyfriend found out and barred her from talking to me, she now back in London and living with him but we still communicate on occasion, she tells me she is unhappy with him but wants to try to make it work. I have tried to move on but I know that this girl is my soulmate and i cant let her go

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629984

No comments:

Post a Comment