Pages

Search blog and web

I thought I had a few friends but..

I was reading this:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2561864

And I read this:

Quote:

But today has just made me realise that I hardly have any true friends, I'm friends with other peoples friends, friends with people by association and I know it kind of seems like I'm exaggerating but it's the truth and this isn't the 1
Quote:

st time. I also found out later that the reason why everyone started cancelling is because of 'others' cancelling and they didn't want to go if these 'other people' weren't attending. It's quite stupid because I actually thought these people were my friends but today confirmed that they only pretended just to get closer to my other friends and don't really give a crap about me at all.(should've known I guess:/)

I mean I've experience this before ,I stopped talking to the people who were my (as some may say) 'fake ' friends I just didn't see it coming this time I thought people liked me for me not just for the people I'm friends with.


And I think I've had a somewhat similar experience to the OP and that post brought quite a lot of realisation. I'm like the OP, in that I don't actually have many true friends. I have colleagues, friends of friends, friends I saw at school/college/uni, friends Ill see for a year and never again for several years

True "real" friends are pretty small, and I end up doing a fair amount of things with family, or a best friend that I don't get to see that much because of uni,but at least I can always count on him or he actually has a legitimate excuse

I've had people bail on birthdays as well, which is why I sorta "lie" to myself and say "I'm not a birthday person" or Ill "big up" how Im going for a meal with family. That's nice and every thing, but I've really came to a realisation that I dont actually have that many friends at all.. If any thing, I think I've been able to connect more with my online friends than my offline "friends"

I think that this perhaps goes a bit towards feelings of loneliness, that I described a little here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2555786

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment