Pages

Search blog and web

How do you know when it's too late to try anymore?

Even though I've contemplated divorce seriously for a long time now, I truly don't want to go through that and ultimately want to be in a happy marriage. In order to do so I need to know how to stop resenting my husband.

He has done so much in the past that has hurt me. He has let me down time and again. I don't feel like I mean very much to him. Because of this I have a wall up, have pretty much checked out and am withdrawn. We have small little nothing conversations about trivial things - tv, pop culture, etc... but not about our relationship. I refuse to let my guard down for fear he will see that as a sign of "everything's cool now."

There was a time (looong ago) we were very close. I don't know if my pride is getting in the way of giving it yet another chance or if I'm right in being cautious? I'm sick of getting hurt and looking like an idiot for accepting everything the way it currently is.

So, how do you let go of stuff that happened in the past? Can it really be done? Is it possible to love someone again after the person has hurt you very much?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment