Pages

Search blog and web

Why do people get away with being jerks...

I suppose this post might seem immature to some, however I do need to vent, so here we go.

A couple of years ago I met a man and after a while we started a relationship. This was the first time in my life when I was really crazy about someone. It lasted 3 years and we were engaged. Long story short- I left him. I left him after realizing how verbally and emotionally abusive he was. He is a very dependent and opportunistic man and always sought the mother figure in me that he never had. But he was very brazen and very vile, not to mention a pathological liar. He knew how to manipulate me for a very long time.
I know I am better off without him but I feel like I am having to pay for a very long time for all this abuse. I am afraid of relationships now. I have pretty much decided I am better off alone than with someone and I feel like that will never change.

Him on the other hand... He just got married... To an even bigger idiot than I was, I think. This girl pretty much took him in and gave him a place to stay, got him a job after he was fired from his old job and from what I know is completely crazy about him. I don't think he loves her because during their engagement, he was still talking to me and wanted to see me. One day we bumped into each other. He didn't know I was back in town and I guess it was a big surprise for him. After that he would not stop writing me about how remorseful he was that things didn't work out between us and that he wanted to see me.
Who does that when they are happily engaged to someone else?

Anyway... I just don't understand why people (not just men, both genders) are jerks in relationships, hurt others... and move on as soon as the relationship ends to pursue whoever new comes along. And get away with things so well...

And I feel scared for life so to speak... I mean, I know I will be okay eventually and I don't blame him for every single bad thing in my life the way he did. I am happy to no longer be the naive little girl I was. But this relationship affected me on a deeper level.

Yet he has everything he ever wanted, even though he doesn't deserve any of it. I am not the only person he hurt, mind you... He has hurt a lot of people.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment