Pages

Search blog and web

Has Infidelity Negatively Impacted Your Relationships with Your Inlaws?

Despite sanctimonious promises to never take sides and their claims to love me just as much, and even like me more than my "black-sheep-of-the-family" WS; when push came to shove, blood has proven to be thicker than water... or even the truth when it comes to my in-laws.

As a result of being so easily disposed of by them in this situation, I just can't help but think that the relationships I had with his family have been irreparably damaged.

I was so naive before all of this. I new blood is thicker but never expected them to pick sides, defend him so adamantly or believe all of his lies about me. Before this, I didn't expect them to cut me off because they promised never to do so and I trusted them.

So wrong or right, I feel betrayed by both my WS and his family. I just don't love them or respect them the same and don't think I can. Whether we reconciled or not, I am seriously thinking of cutting them out of my life for good.


I'm wondering what other people's experiences with your in-laws has been like after an affair?

I'm particularly interested in accounts of BS's/WS's where the family took the WS's side and you ended up reconciling. How are things with the in-laws today?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment