Pages

Search blog and web

Possible ocd?

Greetings all, I recently found out that ocd isn't just cleaning and organising. I have a few obsessions that have been consistent for a few years if not most of my adult life. (And some in teens)

I don't do much cleaning or organising. There said it.

My obsessions and compulsions:

- check locks on doors every day. I get paranoid thoughts and need to check.
- checking my work belongings for about 5 mins before work and throughout day. Like keys, ID card, pen etc. I worry about missing one and check. Even throughout the day.
Infact I check the things in my pocket (whatever it is, might not be work stuff) over a 100 times a day if something is in my pocket.
- before driving to work, I jump out of car half down road to make sure door is locked.
- check alarm clock for 2-10 mins before bed. Sometimes I wake up and check. I use my iPhone and I set time, turn on, check symbol, turn off and recycle.

- when playing computer games, I always think about what my char will do throughout the day. I.e. what he will wear. These thoughts cycle. I wanna always be best.

- obsessive thoughts abou what people think about me and me adapting to situations. For example if people say I look weird with long hair, these thoughts reacurr until its cut. If people mention my pictures i will delete etc.
- obsessive thoughts about women. I've stalked in the past. Like I would learn routes just to see the girl. I learn to avoid to counter this (not talkinh and pushinh away) which makes them sometimes angry to me.

- obsessive thoughts about losing job.,. Well fear of it.

- worry about breaking law and getting caught. (I don't care about the law just getting caught) I will go on Internet for speed cameras, forums etc. These thoughts reoccur for hours where I can't sleep.

- obsession about finding what's wrong with me. Been doing online tests for past few years because I'm obsessed I'm not normal.

- minor? Need to copy every text because fear that I will lose the text on forums and need to paste.

I do other things I've forgotten to originally put down like checking car lights. There are other things but I forgot for now, I'll remember wen it happens lol. I've also done weird one or two off things such as returning to a road because paranoid I hit someone.

Sorry it seems out of order. These thoughts came to me at that moment.

Btw just asking for opinions. I'm thinking of going to doctors soon. I would like these paranoid thoughts and obsessions to go. I realise its possibly been root to my mood swings, rage, depression etc..




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment