Pages

Search blog and web

I know how to be awkward

I have a problem, I can't seem to talk to girls, I don't know why but I find it really hard, maybe It's because I don't have any friends who are girls but how do I make girl mates if I can't talk to them! It's the second year of college (year 13/17 years old) and I think I've missed the opportunity to approach people and befriend them in college.

Another reason which partly contributes to my "girl-phobia" is that I'm not really outgoing, I don't have a social life mainly because my parents (pretty strict) don't let me out of the house, and if I do go with friends etc... then I can expect numerous phone calls from family and that's only if I'm out of the house for 2-3 hours. So you can see that my parent would never consider me staying out till late night (11pm/12am). Putting that aside I did manage to go abroad a week ago for 2 weeks. 1 week to Morocco, and the other to Magaluf. Now you're thinking how an earth did I manage to do that, well I stretched the truth and told my parents that I'm volunteering for 2 weeks in Morocco (whereas it was only 1 week!)

Now don't think that I can convince my parents to allow me to stay out late (unless it's for something to help me in my academic studies). I struggle to confront my dad on issues and telling things to my mom will still require a go ahead from dad!

Now that you understand part of my history (I think) I'll go on to explain my current situation...

At the start of last year I started to like this girl in my maths and well I thought that she liked me back to, not because we used to talk a lot or anything but because she came and sat next to me in one of the lessons and well me with my girl-phobia could hardly get a word out so next lesson she moved back. For you that might not be anything but I thought I had a chance from there on. So fast forward a few months and I was at a maths workshop that girl was also there with a large group of friends and she wanted help with her decision maths she was asking and asking, maybe because she saw me doing a decision maths paper, later on she started another conversation with me again I kept it minimal as my nerves kicked in! (Is it me or do I sound like I want to believe she likes me?)

Now in the 6 weeks holiday I went to Morocco and Magalluf. In Magalluf I told my friends about my "girl-phobia" issue and this girl and well one of my friend knew her from secondary school. So while I was in the shower they told her on Facebook that I like her and that I'm a shy guy etc... She called me sweet and said that both of us hardly know each other, the conversation ended by my friend saying "enjoy year 13 with *insert my name here*" I was pissed off but I thought hey at least now she knows I exist.

So now about 3 days ago it was my first maths lesson and I tried to avoid all contact with this girl because well I felt awkward. so at the end of the college day my friends asked if I talked to her and they were a bit frustrated when I said I avoided her!

Later on in the day I received a phone call from my friends and they're mocking me for not being able to talk to girls and how I avoided this girl in maths. Lets say this kind of got me pumped up and I tried to ask her out on Facebook, but later on I realised why would a guy who hardly know a girl ask her out and that too on Facebook. Here's the conversation...
Click image for larger version.     Name:	comv.jpeg   Views:	1   Size:	79.2 KB   ID:	242616

Now the last comment by me (in blue) was done to make it look like my account was hacked (which obviously failed epically). I told my friend I asked her out and she said no, so he suggested that I make it look like my account was hacked however that didn't work, so to redeem myself I made it look like one of my friends posted that message.

Now if you've read this far thank you. I was thinking that once the weekend is over I should try and start a conversation with this girl and apologise for how I tried to ask her out, I don't know if that's a good move and it'll be helpful if you guys could suggest what I do next. Thanks!




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment