Pages

Search blog and web

2 months in, wife pregnant, talk of divorce

My wife (25) and I (27) got married on June 22. I have known her since 2006 and "known of her" since 2004 or 2005. We were friends for a long time. We began dating in March 2012 and I proposed December 2012.

We are just over two months into marriage. She is 9 weeks pregnant.

We moved 64 miles (1 hr, 18 min) away from her parents, which is the first time she's lived out of her parent's house. She started teaching 1st grade here, which is her first year of teaching after college, and I'm a manager at a local general merchandise/discount department store with a company that I've worked for since I was in high school and through college.

She says she doesn't like the town or the school. She refuses to try new churches here, or even drive to churches of her own denomination (United Pentecostal Church) in surrounding towns. She sits on the couch, refreshes her Facebook News Feed and waits for text messages to come in. All weekends that I work and even most weekends that I haven't worked, she has gone back to her parents to spend the night and go to church with them. I ended up going alone to the local Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) church, which is closely related to my own United Church of Christ background that isn't available in this area.

In the past week or so she has started saying that she's taking the baby and moving back home, she's going to buy out her school contact here, and I had better be ready to pay child support.

Can we save this? I don't want to be the type of dad who isn't around. I thought the distance from family was a fair, good distance. I think it would be good for her to become settled and feel confidently independent.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment