Pages

Search blog and web

Silent treatment

My story in a nutshell:

Been married for 4 years and have a 3 year old child. I've been receiving the silent treatment from my H on and off since we've been together (we didnt live together until we married so it was easier to handle then as I didnt have to see him everyday) but it got worse after we got married. For the stupidest little thing, he would close off and not engage with me for days. The longest period of silence was last year, it lasted 6 weeks and I thought I would die... There was no word from him at all, no hello, no how are you, no nothing! He even left our room and slept on the couch for 6 weeks for something that I dont even remember.

Now we're on it again and going on ou 3rd week. I'm sad to say that I'm used to it and that I handle it differently than I used to. In the beginning I used to cry and beg for him to tell me what I did wrong, apologize for something I might have done or said to upset him and his answer would be :"if you think hard, you'll understand what you did wrong". Then when he decides that he's ok, he'll start talking to me again as if nothing ever happened; if I tried to talk about the issue, the cycle would start and I would get blamed for causing trouble again...

I can never talk about things that upset me, I cannot share my pains with him, I am afraid of saying things the wrong way and be "punished" again so I keep everything to myself and have very little conversations with him... even on good subjects, if my opinion is different than his, it becomes a problem.

I have no affection from him, not even when we're not on silent treatment... I feel like I dont exist, like he doesnt need me in his life...

Now on week 3 of a long series of silence, I live diffrently... I act as if I dont care. I do my own things, I limit my talks or questions to him, because I know that he will answer cruely and I'll react negatively, which will make it worse. So I try to look happy and take care of our son in normal way... but I'm tired of this, I'm in pain and I don't know what to do to make him see his wrong. Does he even care?

I'm thinking of leaving (I thought of it on the last one but stayed and hoped that things would change) but I'm thinking of my child and am scared.

Please help me




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment