Pages

Search blog and web

Boyfriend doesn't pay his way.

I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years in October. He pays his Mum £200 rent a fortnight and obviously, at the age of 26, he does have certain things he has to pay for, such as his bus pass and obviously, food. I would go into details about why he pays her so much and how I disagree with it, but I guess that's another forum. Basically, we're going away to London in November. We've been to Blackpool twice and Hunstanton, Norfolk once. I paid for most of our three holidays and often treated the family, too. This includes paying for the train tickets, the accommodation, eating in or eating out, doing the shopping and just for presents for people. Whenever we went out, he claimed he had no money or very little funds. I completely understand that, what with him paying his Mum so much, but it's got to the point where I have to check if he's had his dinner and tea. (If he hasn't, I feel guilty for him going hungry so I pay for him to have something to eat.) I'm 19 and I only work part-time, on £5.14 per hour. He's on £6.27 per hour. We both work in the same McDonalds. My parents both know I pay my way more than he does. I love him to bits but I'm starting to feel like he's taking me for granted. If we ever have an argument, money is always an issue, and although it is wrong and rather inconsiderate, I have started the whole "I pay for everything" & "you're only with me for my money" argument. I've just spoken to my Mum about my issues. She knows it's getting me down as I use a hell of a lot of my wages on him. It takes forever for me to earn a reasonable amount I'm happy with. I bought him a new holdall, on our holidays at the beginning of August. It only cost me £9.99 yet he used his ripped-apart, old bag until it was physically destroyed. He's now using a bag he got for free from a Blackberry stand for entering a competition and it does upset me. My parents have just made the suggestion that we put the same amount of money into a savings account at the same time. This would be the money we would use for our holiday, not for me to keep for myself. I created him a savings account, yet he doesn't use it. So, basically, what I'm asking is:

- Do you think it's fair for me to ask him to pay the money into my savings account? (I saved up more than £400 for my holiday in approximately 4 weeks, which is incredibly good for someone like me, who earns approximately £200 a fortnight. I also pay rent of £100 to my parents, per payday, which is every other Thursday).
- How much do you think is a reasonable amount to ask for?
- How can I politely ask him to do this?
- How can I spend less money but by not feeling so guilty?

All help is appreciated. :)




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment