Pages

Search blog and web

Am I being a fool? Time will tell.....


Hi everyone,

A little over a week ago I found that my partner of 2 years had been chatting up girls online. I kicked him out as I was crushed. We've spent countless hours talking. This was something he had been doing for the last 8 years. It had become a crutch of some sort, an addiction, and he didn't realise how bad it had become. We had a perfectly happy relationship. I believe this as, well from my side this was definitely true. He has assured me this was never because of something I or 'we' were lacking.

So.... he has begged for another chance and made every promise and reassurance under the sun that this will never be an issue again. He immediately fessed up to his parents and went to the GP to be referred for counselling. I believe it when he says he doesn't want to end, and doesn't want this to ever happen again. We've also attended a relationship counselling session together. It was painful but we both agreed that reconfirmed our belief that we have something special, and the focus now if for him to attend sessions alone to deal with this issue.

I am hoping with everything I have that this reconciliation will work. I appreciate that compared to some marriages/relationships, ours is relatively young and new. I have never been as happy with someone and we are both able to be ourselves. We believe that him moving back in will help rather than hinder, as no matter where he is, the situation wont change.

I'm wondering if anyone has been in a similar position? I know there are no time scales but I don't really know where we go from here to rebuild trust? I don't want to live a life where he cant own a phone or a laptop. Prevention is not what I want, I want him not to want to do this again.

Do we have any hope??




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment