Pages

Search blog and web

Should I divorce my husband?

I have been married to my husband for almost 8 years, together 18 years. We have two children age 4 and 7. We get on as friends but there is nothing else, to me we don't have a normal marriage. We don't really spend any time together doing anything as a couple. It is difficult as we both work and have childcare issues so not easy to go out together. I have reached a stage with him where I am really lonely and unhappy. I am pretty certain our marriage isn't going to last but don't know when to end it. I know this must sound strange as there can be no good time to end a marriage but don't want to scar my young children for life.

Next year I will be 40 and suggested my husband and I go away together for a short holiday. He looked at me as if I was mad and how one earth could I leave the children. He then told me that he didn't really want to go on a beach holiday as he would get bored and I could go on my own if I wanted to. I was so upset by this. My husband was happy for me to go away on my own to celebrate my 40th birthday. He couldn't understand why I was upset. I don't feel loved by him and feel as if I am wasting my life being with him. Can anybody who has gone through a divorce tell me how bad is it, is it easier when the kids are older or worse as they understand more?
Thank you for reading X




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment