Pages

Search blog and web

I don't call myself a feminist...and I get hate for it.

  • Thread Starter

Okay, so I absolutely believe that women and men should have equal rights and opportunities. But I never have and never will call myself a feminist. I don't think there's anything remotely dirty about the word. My reticence about the term 'feminist' is purely because I believe that there should not be a specific term for agreeing with the claim that men and women should have equal rights...to me that's just being a decent human being. But I feel that I get hate from some of my fellow female friends and students because of this. Why do CERTAIN outspoken feminists (particularly those of the 18-25 age bracket) have such hatred and venom for women like themselves who absolutely agree that women should have the same rights as men, but simply do not want to define themselves by the term 'feminist'. Genuine question here. And no, I'm not making generalisations...I've not said that all feminists have hatred for those who choose not to call themselves feminists.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment