Pages

Search blog and web

Young love & devastating Break up...son is going through it...

Ok... can I say... I seen this coming... I even spelled it out for him months ago.. if he didn't start paying more attention, a little more affection... to his girlfriend.. this WOULD happen...

And it happened... she broke up with him late last night.. he is devastated... his brother & a friend was there for him.. His GF was very worried about him... she gave me the heads up, wanted to make sure someone was there with him.. just now I seen he posted on an old picture (at Graduation) - she said " I love being with you and it'll never change"... moments ago.. he commented "I wish this were true" with a sad face.

I have not talked to him since this happened.. but canceled all my plans today -to be around.. I understand he has to grieve... and it will be a
L O N G process.. it would have been 4 yrs in Oct for them ... Another son counseled me last night -to WHAT he will be going through.. and what I should do and not do ...sharing his own experience.. though so much lessor ... was there some purpose in that.. I don't know..

My concern is.. he is supposed to go off to college over an hour away... not sure he should go there now, his brother was thinking the same thing.. that he shouldn't go... the wounds being so fresh...being alone in a new environment....I have a payment of $4,800 in 2 weeks for this college... I almost wish we could switch to the one he originally planned to go to...(was accepted)....but decided on this particular College due to her leaving next year for a college right beside his...

Now none of this matters.. it's probably too late to switch ...

Parents who dealt with this -with a son ... They hold so much inside... though he is talking.. posted on his FB that he is falling to pieces... I guess this is good.. getting support from friends..

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment