Pages

Search blog and web

My husband is a workaholic and doesn't show affection

The first thing that my husband does, when he wakes up in the morning, is check his phone for work -related messages and emails. NExt he visits the washroom while he checks more such messages and responds to them. Then he sits on his laptop to reply to a dozen emails. Meanwhile, I enquire if he wants tea and warm it up for him.
Sure, my husband runs a start up and he has a lot of work. I also work with him and can appreciate the amount of piled up work. He even works on weekends. So I communicate to him that I need a lil affection and complain that he never hugs me in the morning. He responds by saying he's not a morning person. Infact, he prefers to get intimate at night and i used to find him irresistible in the morning.
We're very different in every aspect. In the way I am organised and he's not much. The way I'm sleepy as soon as I've had my dinner and he's not a morning person. In the way we deal with work and people and everything.
But after 21/2 yrs of marriage I cant deal with this 'take me as i am' attitude anymore. Esp since he was fairly loving before we got married. and he complained for a long time that i 'never' wanted to do it. (i've read that this is a problem for quite a few men and women).
I can't deal with his illogical arguments. When i tell him that he's not being affectionate, his response is that whenever he wants a hug i hug him in a way that is not the way he wants. (I like to fall into his arms in a comfortable way and i joke about it.) Ok, if you don't like being hugged in a particular way and i've been doing it all wrong for so many years, FINE. But that's not the same as not feeling loved at all!!! How can you argue about it, scream and shout and tell me that i should see things from your perspective. If i don't feel loved , i just don't and isnt that should concern you. Esp when you know you're working round the clock, return home late at night or even in the morning or when you do return you keep working till late in the morning. and then you wake up late and rush into work as soon as possible.
Sure, when we do get 1 weekend in a month which is fairly free he tries to have a relaxed weekend but I'm also being considerate when I recognise that fact.
You're in this startup because you want to be. So why are you putting me through hell for not tagging along patiently?

He's in the creative field and being from the same field I understand that sometimes he needs his own space to come up with ideas. He tends to zone out sometimes. And the most annoying habit ofcourse is that he's always staring at his ph. I'm usually talking to his head which is beant over his mobile ph.
Despite all this I constantly get accused of not being understanding.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment