Pages

Search blog and web

Been almost a year since I posted...

For any if you that were present to hear my story, I thought I would update things in hopes it might help someone.
Background:
Wife suddenly wanted a divorce after 14 years of marriage. She said it was all my fault..... Of course I wasn't perfect, but had all the big stuff right....I found out 2 months later she had gotten into cybersex with multiple men, and lost all feelings for me.
We had 3 young children.
Nothing I did or said made a difference.
In my opinion, once a woman has made up her mind she wNts a divorce, there is no changing it.... Jmo

The first 6 months of separation were excrutiating to the point that I didn't want to wake up. Anxiety attacks-- first of my life.
A year and 4 months later:
I'm "happy". I've accepted she is never coming back. I've dated, even found someone with far more character than my ex had (which I finally realized wasn't all that hard). I have mostly good days. My ex found herself a wealthy heir and enjoys throwing that in my face, but I can let it till off my back now. She has zero remorse. Been traveling all over with her new rich guy.. But it took a long time, and although I wouldn't take her back even if she begged, I still am hurting over the loss of my life I dreamed of having, and the loss of my kids every other week, and knowing another man is getting to enjoy my kids. But as far as her, I know what she is now, and am glad she is gone. I'm a different person with the lady I see now. Truly there are lots of people out there looking for someone to love.
It is possible to love someone else with your whole heart. And things do get better if one gives themselves time. It takes a lot of courage to endure the pain, in order to give oneself the needed time. Don't give up, things will get better. The horror of the pain of all this CANNOT last forever. But it will feel like that.

I greatly appreciate all the good advice I was given here... Much of it I didn't want to hear, but it was sadly all correct.
There is a life after divorce. I'm hoping it will eventually be better than ever before.
Thanks,
Evinrude58

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment