Pages

Search blog and web

House tidying and way wife speaks to me - winds me up

Im the first to admit I am possibly not the best in the world. I'm prone to leaving stuff lying around.

Yesterday was not a good day to do so. Wife was ill and had a hard day at work. (Shes been off long term sick, still not great, but going back to work a few weeks ago - so its tough at the moment)

BUT, she calls me from the kitchen, semi-jokingly, "Bob - come here please". I ask her what. She says just come here. I say what do you want.

Turns out I'd left something lying around but it all kicked off into an argument then. She accused me of unnecessarily kicking off when it wasn't said seriously anyway. Of course, I was in the wrong to start with but still....

I hate being spoken to like this feel its disrespectful way to speak to someone. I guess her answer is that if I act like a kid she'll speak to me like one but I dont feel she has this right.

I've told her lots of time she needs to speak to people how she likes to be spoken to. She is the worlds worst for flying off the handle if I say something off to her. I often mention this - saying if I'd just said that to you, you'd be screaming right now!

OK it was a semi-joke maybe but shes got a habit of doing it too much.

But it winds me up so much. Yeh I could blank her and ignore her but that'd just get out of hand. How to deal?

Let it go and just say "Yes Dear, whatever" or make an issue out of it?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment