Pages

Search blog and web

Wife's Irrational Moodiness

My wife seems to have some issues with moodiness and anger.

Yesterday, she drove back from work and took our daughter to the doctor for a checkup. I had switched jobs, so they had our old insurance card. I was on my way back from work on the train. She called me that she did not have the insurance card so I said I would text a picture of it. I did, and she got the front, but she said she wanted the back also. The back took some time to get to her for some reason and she started getting frantic and called me again. I told her to be patient. She got it after a few minutes and was able to get it approved and finish the appointment.

Later, she calls me and says that our son had an appointment for next Wednesday and she wanted me to take him. I told her that I already had plans to meet a friend for dinner for that day. That was her chance and she grabbed it with both hands. She said that she did all the work in the house, everything fell on her shoulders etc etc and not to worry.. SHE would take our son again.

Later when she got back, she was all aloof, grumpy and moody. Usually I would try to talk about it and normalize things, but I realize that I have only been feeding this bad behavior over the years. So I acted all normal as if nothing had happened. That probably got her angrier and she began to bait me into getting angry and saying something so that she could probably justify her own anger. I am sure she knows she's being ridiculous and looking for ways to get off her high horse and de-escalate. My daughter came by, so I called out to her and gave her a big hug and my wife snarkily comments that just calling out sweet names wasn't enough, one had to do the work also. She seems to be obsessed with "doing work". If you listened to her b|tch, you would feel that she is the one who brings in the income, does the cooking, does the laundry, does the child raising, does the lawn work, does everything and I am the house husband who does nothing. This is not the case at all and we bot h divide the work more or less equally. Then she called the kids and started to wolf down dinner without calling me. I got annoyed and asked her what that was about and she responded saying I usually finished dinner and would get up and leave (it is not correct that I do it always, I do it very rarely if I need to get to something).

She went to bed silently and carried over that attitude this morning as well. I pretended like everything was normal which is probably pissing her off even more. In the past, I have fallen for her bait and gotten mad and she's managed to turn the whole discussion into how I said something, rather than her own behavior which caused it. This time, I am calm and cool and she will have no chance to manipulate events. People usually behave this way in order to upset others and it is mentally taxing to keep up the attitude especially if it isn't working.

Let's see how long she keeps this up. I am talking to her normally like I always do and everything is from her side. This immature behavior needs to stop. Maybe it's her way to keep me walking on eggshells all the time. I just don't give an F anymore and I am being normal about it. The last time she did it, I also stopped talking to her and she successfully turned it into "its both our fault". She had her period 2 weeks ago so this is not official crazy time.

Life goes on. :D

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment