Pages

Search blog and web

Question about women

Let me start off by saying I'm clueless about dating. I married the first woman I dated (and stayed married for over 16 years). So now, if anyone (especially women with insight into the mind of a woman) has pity on me, I'll get to a little background and my question.

Shortly after (like within a week of) my divorce from my unfaithful wife, I signed up on match.com. Within a week of that, I had been contacted by an attractive woman who lives very close. I was a little hesitant at first, so I kind of put the brakes on things. When I was ready a couple of months later, I contacted her, but by that time she had been on a date with another guy. Fortunately for me, the guy is battling depression and had retreated after their first date. Unfortunately for me, she liked the guy and said she doesn't want to date two guys at once (which is admirable, considering how my last relationship ended). She did state very plainly that she was still interested in me. (I.e. "I'm still interested in you.")

Anyway, a few weeks passed, so I contacted her yesterday to see what was going on with limbo guy. I asked, "What's new?" expecting to hear about the other guy. Instead, she told me about her weekend out with the girls. So, I kept the conversation going. We chatted for about three hours. It was a pleasant conversation. She asked about me, and I asked about her. Learned some new stuff about each other.

All of a sudden, she quit responding. I assume she went to bed. But that brings me to some questions.

1. Do you just stop responding if you go to bed? Wouldn't you normally say good night or something first?

2. If you were really interested in someone, wouldn't you stay up all night?

3. Is it now weird for me to initiate another conversation today when she left me hanging on my last question last night?

I was getting ready to ask her directly what was going on with the other guy, but I never got the chance. I don't know if she's too nice to tell me to buzz off or if she's playing hard to get or if she's just easily distracted.

I'm clueless! Please help!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment