Pages

Search blog and web

Post Break-up Tweet Favouriting

Well, I gotta say that I do like that title, it sounds like some kind of disorder, which it may well be.

Anyway, me and my girlfriend of a year broke up on Tuesday, almost 13 months to the day that we started going out. It was far from mutual but according to her it was necessary and it was a mature decision that she said was going to stick to.

Part of this break-up was that we were going to cut complete contact, which we started to do the day after the the break-up itself, in the hope that it would make things easier. Then this morning she broke the silence by favouriting my tweet 24 hours after it was created (it was about a film we went to see together that I had just watched). My previous tweet before she did this was from 13 hours before she did it so she didn't just see my name floating about or anything and decide to click on it (meaning she actively searched for my profile). In any case she unfavourited the tweet instantaneously.

In retribution, of a sort, I decided to favourite one of her tweets about watching 500 Days of Summer (sad film about relationships) which may have been a dumb move. Then an hour ago she favourited another tweet of mine.

I'm blocked on Facebook now as well btw.

Anyway, she broke up with me because she couldn't handle the distance in an LDR but she said that she still loved me. Due to the latter part of the previous sentence I tried my hardest to beg her to not break up. I mean, if it was a break-up because she hated me or because the feelings had faded then I could handle it better but because she says she still has feelings for me I'm stuck on the most proverbial creek of **** you've ever seen, I've lost my paddle so I'm using my hands and it (not so proverbially) feels like ****.

I can't tell if the stuff done on Twitter is important. If it is important, I can't tell whether or not it would be wise or wicked to communicate with her further and I'm still not sure that I've been given the full story on why she broke up with me. I feel, perhaps out of cynicism but more likely out of desperation, that her choice was greatly influenced by her sisters but I obviously can't be sure.

So, out of what is undoubtedly desperation, I have turned to the not-so-bountiful (joke) wisdom of TSR and asked you what to do. Should I ignore this girl that has been vital to my life for over a year or should I truly break off all contact with her and forget about her, as hard as that latter option is?

PS. I know it's a long post but I tried to make it an interesting read so you don't leave. Hope you appreciate the effort because this is probably of little interest to anyone.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment