Pages

Search blog and web

My girlfriend stays up late Skyping another guy.

Hey,

My girlfriend is a lovely girl and I love her very much. She prefers to keep male company however as it's less bitchy. I completely understand this as I don't particularly have any female friends for the same reason. She advertises for new friends frequently on Tumblr, Meetme etc. And I'm all one and up for her having friends.
However there are a few things that bother me...

Firstly she's marked as single on meetme, this is just a lack of her remembering to set her status to taken. She always complains about creeps from here. But in a way it makes me think, do the new guys know she's taken?

Secondly, there's this American guy she's been talking to until up to 7am in the morning over the last few days. And they swapped Skypes when I was with her the other day. She was tired earlier, but when I asked why she was signed in at like.. 1 she said she was Skyping the American dude, so I just told her not to stay up too late and I went to bed I woke up at 5/6 and her Skype is still on. I shouldn't really let this get to me, because there's not a way on earth she can cheat on me, and nor would she. However she can disrespect my values/common no-go's in a relationship. I've already accepted that she has pictures of her self in the internet (a lot of people wouldn't tolerate this) and I have no problem with this because in the end of the day as long as she's mine and she presents herself to me. Why should I care about that?

She hasn't stayed up talking to me proper in a long time, we used to Skype until the early hours constantly. And we were on Skype to each other near-on constantly. This stopped about 2 months ago however. It was never going to last forever as it was part of the honeymoon part of the relationship.

She's called this American dude awesome and said he's got a sexy accent the day after they started speaking. It kinda got to me, because she's not really said many nice things about me/to me for a while. That and she's Skyping another guy and not really calling me or anything lately can make me a bit insecure I guess. It brings out the negative thoughts I have such as: "would she care if I didn't speak to her today?" that I get from my depression. She pretty much tells me anything that happens though. Which is great. But in the end of the day we met online, and there's a decent distance enough so we can see each other frequently. But we started out this way.

I trust her, but my own thoughts sometimes are my own worst enemy, I don't think she'd ever do anything to intentionally hurt my feelings but at the same time I don't think she steps back and thinks about how I might feel sometimes. I know full well she wouldn't appreciate me in her shoes. And I don't want to say anything because I don't want to control her and what she does, nor do I want to rub off that way. She needs friends, and I am not entitled to stop her from having them and I have no right to stop her from doing what makes her happy.

If she sleeps through my lunch time call at my first day of work on Saturday because of staying up too late I think I might be annoyed though.. I might also be a bit impatient if she complains she's tired.

How can I control my thoughts better?

Would anyone else feel insecure in this situation?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

1 comment:

  1. I know I'm late but I found this post ant if I don't vent I'm gonna explode.....it's bullshit that while me and my gf of a couple months are talking on Skype she constantly is kiking on messaging another guy on Skype but if I have to go out and do something she instantly hops in a call with another guy and completely ignores me. This doesn't seem fair I Skype her all the time when I'm not working I'm always there for her I stay up insanely late to make her happy but it's apparently not good enough. She has cut me off sexually when we used to do it multiple times a day she only talks to me when she wants attention and she has conversations all the time with other guys using cute names most of whom have admitted to having a crush on her. I'm so sick of this shit I wanna scream and maybe then she will realize what she is doing is grade a fucking attention whoring... she's the type that only has guy friends which was hard enough to get used to when we started dating but then I realized how many of them were ex boyfriends or fanboys. I don't know how much longer I can handle feeling like a second class citizen but I'm bout to lose my damn mind

    ReplyDelete