Pages

Search blog and web

Could Use a Woman's Perspective

Hi everyone. I kind of messed things up with a girl I really liked and would like to know where I stand with her; that's where I need a woman's opinion please and thanks!

I met a girl on a roadtrip a couple of towns over. I was with some friends at a bar drinking and having a good time when I met her. We had an instant connection and spent the whole night together. I meet a lot of girls and the "connection" I felt with her was different immediately.

I got her number and when I returned home we kept in touch talking every day. Within a couple weeks, she came to my town to visit and stayed the whole weekend at my place. We spent the whole weekend doing fun things together and getting to know each other. We really hit it off and everything was great.

For the next two weeks we talked every day via phone/text. She expressed feelings for me and told me she was really starting to like me. SHe also asked me "do you think this is gonna work, etc." I told her I really liked her too and that we should just keep doing what we're doing.

After two weeks, I went to see her in her hometown. Right before I left for my trip, I got sick with a bad eye infection. I told her about it and almost cancelled the trip, but figured I'd be better in a couple days and it would be ok. I woke up the Saturday I was leaving for the trip and it was even worse than before. Eyes red, puffy, swollen, etc. I made the trip regardless.

When I got there, I did not feel comfortable with myself. I was really self-conscious and she looked amazing. I tried to hide my discomfort but I was definately quieter and more standoffish than when I first met her. I could tell that she was thinking "what is up with this guy?" But I just tried to play it cool and didn't say anything. By the second night, things were kind of awkward between us, I was in full-on shut down mode. Was totally not myself. I finally told her that I wasn't feeling my best, etc. etc. She told me she thought "something else was going on" (keep in mind, I am 2 years divorced). I told her it wasn't her, I just wasnt feeling well. She told me to "just be myself" but at this time I was panicking because I thought I was losing her. I couldn't step out of it.

I left the next day and didn't even kiss her goodbye, I just said "thanks" and left. things had gotten so awkward by then. I figured this girl would never talk to me again because I felt like such a loserrrrr. When I got back home, I texted her to thank her for the weekend and appologized again. She again said she though "something else was up." I told her that wasn't the case again but I'm not sure what she thought. THis was all through text.

So the next few days, I tried to play it cool and be how I was in the beginning but she was not responding as well, long time between texts, no energy in her messages, etc. After about a week, I sent her an email telling her that I did actually like her and that I was just sick and wasn't myself. By this time, I was totally over-compensating and started getting a bit clingy. Texting too much, and just being diff than when I met her. I told her to let me know when she had time and I would call her to talk about things. She said "Ok" and then never said anything after that and didnt message me again.

It's been 2.5 weeks with 0 contact. I realized that I was too emotional and clingy and that I needed to get myself back together. So I decided to let her go for a bit to get back on track. I'm coming out of it now and feel more like myself but don't know whether to let this thing go or to try and strike up a convo. I guess I just really can't piece together where she might be at. I KNOW she really liked me before I became all awkward and weird when I went to see her.

So any advice, comments, experiences, etc would be great! THanks all.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment