Pages

Search blog and web

People seem to think I am sensitive, it is news to me.

Put simply, people think I am sensitive and yet I (without fail) start ignoring people in my life and ditching them when I have built friendships and relationships with them.

For example, on another thread a guy called me sensitive for apparently being 'emotionally attached' to a gym community. This was in response for me saying I felt guilty for just leaving them and going to a rival gym that is cheaper. They were good to me and we got along well... and that makes me sensitive for leaving their gym to go to a new one?

Another very recent example. I have been seeing a girl. We both come from religious Christian backgrounds. I have had sex with her twice and she has opened up to me a lot about her dad dying and her having to look after her younger siblings. She also told me about her confessions to the church. Quite naturally, I got a bit attached, but, I have deleted her number and I am effectively blocking her from my life because i feel like it could get out of hand in terms of intensity. She could really hurt me if I give her the opportunity to do so. Does this make me sensitive... really? Perhaps this example does, but it does not mean i cannot protect myself.


I am perhaps the most self-serving person I know. I am sensitive yes, but not in the way of letting it causing harm to myself. In fact, it means i'm ever so often on alert with things.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment