Pages

Search blog and web

We've become roomates raising children, don't know what to do.

I've been married for 8 years and have two wonderful little kids. When I first married, I lived in a different state. After some time, my wife told me that she wanted to live closer to her family. It was a rough period, I had a great job, wonderful friends, and I didn't want to go, but chose the path that would make my wife happy.

It's been 5 years since I moved, and I managed to find a good job and in that time, we gave birth to two wonderful children whom I love very much.

However, for the last year or so, the relationship between my wife and I has morphed into that of us just being roommates. We're a great team to those children and I think we're great parents, but whatever feelings we shared for each other and any desire we have to jump into the sack have all but disappeared. I did everything I could to make my wife happy, moved closer to her family, bought her the house she wanted, pay the majority of the bills, etc. I feel I've done more than my share to make her happy.

I always continuously feel like I made a bad decision moving and leaving what I had built back in my home state in an effort to make somebody happy. I love my children with all my heart and can't bear the thought of leaving them and therein lies my dilemma. If the children weren't in the picture, I'd probably be gone by now, but the fact is, they are in the picture and I don't know what to do.

Has anybody gone through a similar problem? I'm willing to overlook quite a few things, but I need affection, I want my romantic advances to be accepted, and I want my wife to appreciate the sacrifices I made and the efforts I've put forth. Anything less is unacceptable to me.

I now feel the urge to leave, go back to where I came from, but I cannot leave my children behind. I feel like I've been pushed into a corner and I'm stuck




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment