Pages

Search blog and web

Revelation!

Had a revelation today. My H, who is compulsive about neatness, has expressed his displeasure at the state of our home for years. We have 2 small kids.

So today he tells me that the house is cluttered and that he wants me to organize the kids closets, bonus room, and other smaller areas of the house. So I come up with a plan and go out to find what we need. But I can't bring myself to get anything. I go to 5 stores and each time end up putting everything in my cart back on the shelves and leaving. After I was about to go into yet another store, I realize how much this depresses me.

Early in our marriage and before it, I would have been happy about finding the right solutions for our home. I kept our house neat and clean. But I have no desire to do that anymore. To live up to his demands while he doesn't take the steps I ask. I end up calling him up and giving him a piece of my mind. Not the best move, I know, but it felt good to tell him that I won't be working to meet his needs anymore without something in return.
Posted via Mobile Device




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment