Pages

Search blog and web

My Husband - ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh

Okay, he is driving me CRAZY with this! He want to sell our house. After all the sweat equity that he have put in, after all the remarkable craftmanship his uncle put in a way discounted rate because we are family and because we helped a lot, he want to sell it! He want to move close to the city and (both our commute are an hour but I won't be working once the baby is born). He could also use public transit if we move.

But I really think the truth is THE MONEY! We can clear 6 figures and it would still be 6 figure when subtract the money we put in. A little background is we got our house for a STEAL. It was a dirty filthy dilapated mess because a man parent died and he inherit the house and he was a drug addict. His parents had recent gotten a second mortgage and were updating the house but were kill in a accident. He let somebody rent the basement so that was not bad but the rest of the house was a mess. I actually cried after closing when my H, me and his uncle went to walk through and assess and I saw that I now own such a dump.

So they pour into it and renovate it completely except the basement which WE JUST RENOVATE THIS SUMMER! That's right, this summer. AND we just repair the pool which we had never use in our 5 years here because it was in disrepair. Let me say this: no way could we have ever afford a house in this neighborhood even when prices were at their lowest.

Now here is what have happend over the last few months. There is a realtor who have a buyer who want to be in this neighborhood because of the schools. My H know her. But once they saw our house (even before the basement was finish) they have fixated on it. I know he have told the realtor that the only obstacle is me and I think she have told this couple that. So they ask to come see it one more time and my H is home today (leaving tomorrow for 2 weeks :( ). Now my H have call me at work and say that the realtor want to come this evening to present a offer but she would really like me to be there.

I DON'T WANT TO SELL OUR HOUSE! I have told my H and told my H. I think he think he can wear me down. Usually I pretty much go along with what he want to do and he usual can convince me of most anything he want to do with money and our other affairs. But I don't want to sell our house I have said it time and time again. He think I am refuse to look at the positive of selling and moving, that I am just attach to the house and won't look at anything else. He's RIGHT! This is where I want to raise our girl any other children we may be bless to have. He think the house is too big for the size family we probably end up having at this point. He also say the outside upkeep is too much for the job he have now because of the travel.

Now here the kicker: he say we can rent for a year and take our time to find a house that I like. RENT! Waste a whole year of rent when we can just stay put. He say we could also wait to close until after the baby is born. I don't understand this at all. He have all the answer money wise except what about the fact that this is our HOME, we never said anything about it be an investment.

Ugh!!!! SO frustrated with this! :banghead:

thanks for letting me vent.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment