Pages

Search blog and web

My Dad is ashamed of me

Basically, whenever I achieve anything he'll congratulate me and everything, but then he'll lie to his parents (My grandmar and grandad), and his sister (my auntie) and add things to make me sound better. Or in other cases he'll just make things up completely so I don't seem like a total loser.

I got a part time job recently to fit around college, it's 8 hours a week plus anything additional if I request it. I thought I did well and was sort of proud but this apparently isn't good enough, and he told my grandparents that the job was 20 hours a week. It just felt like a kick in the stomach really.

When I got made redundant from one of my old jobs he wouldn't tell my grandparents for a long time. He'd make up things like I'd been going for interviews, or whenever I was out and my grandparents rang he'd say I was out handing my CV into places.

On the flip side, he always likes to tell them about everything I do, even before I've even decided fully myself. I went for my induction for an apprenticeship a while ago and I wasn't keen on it at all, but when I got home my Mum told me that he'd told them I'd taken the job, and that after a year I'd be a full employee etc etc. This just made it even harder for me to make my own decision. I didn't end up taking it by the way.

I don't have much time for my Dad's side of the family, they think they're better than others and will brag at every oppurtunity about everything. They make things sound like competitions at times and it's even rubbing off on my cousin. I went to their house and the first thing he did was open his Facebook page, it said "In a relationship with..." and he asked me if I was mad?! He's 14!

So yeah, I don't care AT ALL what my Dad's side of the family think, I'm completely cool with them, but they're near the bottom of the list of the type of people I'd choose to spend time with. But the way my Dad is afraid of them and is willing to lie just makes me feel like I'm just disappointing him.

I don't get why he's so scared of them, as I'm not even a little bit afraid of my parents or my sister. I get on really well with them. My sister is one of my best mates in the world and my Mum's so easy to talk to, so I can't get my head around why he's such a pussy with his parents.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment