Pages

Search blog and web

M24: Dumped for lack of relationship experience....twice!

I am a 24 year old male. I spent too much of my high school/university years as a nerd/recluse/gym junkie and concentrated on everything aside from relationships. As such I made it to the grand old age of 24 before I ever got my first date, kiss, holding of hands and girlfriend. I retain the title of virgin though.

Anyway some months ago I decided to try online dating. It seemed like a godsend as quite quickly I was able to bag my first date, which led to my first kiss as well. After the 2nd date the girl dumped me and fortunately was nice enough to tell me why: I seemed very inexperienced and lacking confidence even though I was a nice guy. Basically because I had not gotten with other girls, I got nowhere with this one.

Then came the second girl. With her we saw each other for 2 months on multiple dates and at the end for a brief period were even "officially" bf / gf. I remained in contact with her as she said she felt bad for what she did and wanted to help me.
She said that although I "tick all the boxes" such as good job, tall, handsome, intelligent, muscular, gentleman, she thought the things that were wrong were:
  • I didn't call/text her enough to say she was special. This is despite us chatting every single day with text messages and the occasional call/video call. Do girls really need this much attention?
  • She didn't feel chemistry or the spark between us. She thought I was half way between a friend and a boyfriend, so a semi friendzoneing.
  • Apparently I didn't escalate things enough physically. Although I did try to invite her to my place after a date a few times and got more comfortable with holding her, I admit that it was a bit toned down and I almost never greeted her physically at the start of a date. I didn't want to come off as a perv who only wanted her body.
  • At the breakup talk she said that she had realized during our last date that she wasn't even thinking of sleeping with me in the foreseeable future.
  • Miscellaneous other smaller things that I didn't do/did wrong that someone with more e xperience would have done and would have made her feel better.
  • Ultimately she said she didn't want a relationship where she would be giving me advice on how to be a boyfriend (even though I learned quickly and tried to incorporate her advice), she didn't want to be a teacher.


Basically what all this means is that I lost both of these girls because I didn't have any experience with relationships and being around girls. Not because any of my other qualities were necessarily lacking (both for some reason stressed that in every other way I am a great guy) but specifically because I didn't know how to act with them. Which I suppose manifested itself in a lack of confidence.

I am just thinking that how can I have confidence if I have never done something before? Specifically when the other side has certain expectations for my boyfriend/date role that I can't fulfill due to a lack of experience.

I have posted some virgin threads before on multiple sites and everywhere the advice has been that girls don't really mind inexperience and "you'll be fine" and "it will come to you when you get to it" but those have been the biggest bunch of lies that I have ever heard. My experience so far shows that girls don't want to be a teacher, they want someone else to do the work for them so that they can enjoy the fruits.

My advice to inexperienced guys everywhere:
Do not wait to start going out with girls, it will only make things harder in the long run because once you're in your twenties, girls have certain expectations about guys and if you don't live up to them, you're out!

Not socializing with girls in my teens it the biggest mistake of my life.

My question:
I feel that I am in a bit of a Catch 22 situation here:
A) In order to get a girl, I need to have experience with girls.
B) I can't get a girl because I don't have the experience with one in order to make it that far.
So how can I finally get the experience needed to get a girlfriend? Do all girls in their early 20s require a guy to have extensive prior experience with a girl so that they don't have to teach them anything? Or have I simply run into the wrong kind of girl?
Any other questions or comments are more than welcome.

TLDR: Girls dump me because I have no prior relationship experience and don't know how to act as a boyfriend.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment