Pages

Search blog and web

I want a second car. He doesn't.

Hello everyone. My husband and I have been married for four years and have one child. When we got married, I had my own car which he convinced me to get rid of (he had just bought a brand new car, and mine was not always reliable). It worked because at the time we lived in a place where he could walk to work. He told me at the time that we would get a second car the following year. Then it became two years. Then it became when we paid off the first car. Now the first car is paid off, and he is saying he wants to wait another year. I know he is worried about finances (we do have debts, but we are hardly living paycheck to paycheck, or even having to cut back on anything), but I just started a full time job three months ago, so our combined income has nearly doubled. We now live a few miles from work, so he has to drop off me and our child when he goes to work, then pick us up at the end of the day. If one of us goes out, the other is stuck at home with no car. It just feels unnecessary. I have been bringing it up to him, but he gets defensive and refuses to have a conversation. There is an age difference between us, and I feel like he has taken over the "leader" role, and I have let him. I don't know how to break out of the passive role and assert my right to have a say over our finances. I don't want to just go out and buy a car without him, but I am tired of waiting for him to make a decision. He went back and forth for six months before deciding not to upgrade his cell phone, so he doesn't make big or little decisions at all. I pick out and buy my own presents. When I finally upgraded my phone without him, he gave me the silent treatment for a few days. The only reason we have a child is because of a slip in birth control. I just can't understand why we don't ever get to make moves forward in our lives.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment