Pages

Search blog and web

Met a girl and unsure of how to go forward

  • Thread Starter

So, after spending the past year of Sixth Form being hopelessly infatuated with someone who never gave me the time of day (and who ended up having a boyfriend anyway), I decided to call it quits and properly move on from her after being rejected for the final time. This was about three weeks ago, and around the same time I quickly came into contact with another girl, who I'd always been aware of and always considered very attractive but never actually said a word to.

Over the past couple weeks I've ran into her several times and we always seem to have great conversations and get on rather well. Unfortunately I made the grave mistake of not asking for her number on the last day of school (Wednesday) and so am left for the rest of the summer with little means to contact her. I do have her on Facebook though, if need be.

Without sounding cocky or overly optimistic, she does seem interested in me, even if only as a friend for now. She's the type to be very shy and awkward in social situations, but always tries her best to put herself out there and be as outgoing as she can be. She is more often than not the one initiating conversation with me, which I see as a very good sign simply because the past two girls I've had crushes on almost never spoke to me first and were often unresponsive.

When we spoke on Wednesday she was questioning me on what I'm doing in the summer, to which I replied that other than the few things I had planned with friends I'd be "a bit bored". She suggested I hold a small party at my house and specifically asked me to invite her. I'd be up for it but it seems a bit dodgy to invite a bunch of people over just for the sake of getting to talk to her again.

The other problem is that I'm not sure of the true extent to which I like this girl currently. I can honestly say for the first time in about 3 years that I have a genuine crush. The other two girls that I liked in Sixth Form I was unhealthily obsessed with and that didn't do me much good, but this girl seems like someone I can just kind of like without getting too attached.

I've been reluctant to tell anyone I like her though, simply because those past experiences have given me a jaded outlook on relationships and I have little confidence in my ability to succeed with girls. I'm afraid that someone might tell me that she secretly has a boyfriend, or that she likes someone else, and then I'll be ashamed for ever thinking I had a chance.

I'm not too confident as a person, but I have the ability to put on a very good façade, and somehow have acquired the reputation of an "amazing public speaker/debater" as well as "having a lot of friends". So I feel like I could feasibly pursue this girl without being too shy or unassuming, but I still strongly doubt my abilities. If anyone has any advice, it'd be lovely.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment