Pages

Search blog and web

Relationships and religion

  • Thread Starter

Hello guys, I'm in a pretty **** situation and I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced a similar thing...

I was with my girlfriend for just over a year but her muslim parents didn't know about me because I didn't share the same religion as them and I wasn't indian.

Despite this strain on our relationship we were very much in love and decided that we would keep it a secret from her parents until we had both graduated university.

Long story short her parents found out about us by finding messages I had sent her and they were very unhappy. I had to make the decision to convert to have any chance of having a life with her. I couldn't do it so we had to call it a day even though we still have the same feelings for one another.

I just hate the idea that she can't be happy just because of religion and will one day end up with someone her parents find her because he simply 'ticks all the boxes'

I know this isn't much of a question but I have never felt pain like this before and needed to get it off my back one way or another.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment