Pages

Search blog and web

Preventing rushed relationships

  • Thread Starter

Hi everyone :)

My basic question is this: how do I know when I've rushed things too much? What is the best way to fix this?

I started talking to a really cute classmate in January over Facebook. We talked to each other on a near-daily basis, not flirting, just normal talking about anything. I might add that since we technically went to separate schools (close to each other and so had some shared classes), we didn't really talk much in real life. Don't get me wrong, we got along really well.

In April we decided to meet together, outside of school for the first time, in a library to revise for an exam. We live roughly 10 minutes away from each other so we got to walk home together. I ended up showing her this half-secluded park mid-way between where we live, and it quickly became our 'secret' place. Over May / June we ended up meeting there quite a few times just to talk, escape exam stress and so on. At this point we were pretty much best friends :), with nothing romantic between us. On the bench we sat with 1 metre between us and we even joke about that now.

After the exam period we did quite a few things, and at this point things started escalating, in the best meaning of the word. She took me to a dancing lesson which made me realise that since I'm a guy, she expects me to be the leading person. Of course this isn't true for everyone but in this case it was. As I gained more and more confidence around her over the past 3 weeks, we went from holding hands for 10 seconds :$ to the awkward shoulder pillow during The Fault In Our Stars to cuddling in the secret place. Yesterday we had our first kiss (or ten) after spending pretty much half the day there.

Anyway here comes the problem. While I had loads of things to talk about with her, it's all starting to run out now. It seems like we've just exhausted the topics. What makes it a bit worse, we have pretty much no shared friends. I don't know if the pace it's going at is rushed or not, but I do know I'd rather have a long-term happy relationship than something which could end in months. I'm scared that eventually we'll just become bored of each other after there's nothing left to do.

How do I deal with this? Has anyone been in a similar position before?

To finish, I wanted to apologise for the 17 year-old's rambling in this post. I guess if you don't want to read this then the last paragraph is most important :)

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment