Pages

Search blog and web

Finding your footing .... alone

Since my separation, I have had a hard time finding my footing as a single woman. Over the 20 years that ex and I were a couple, we entertained a lot. BBQs, football games, holiday parties, summer swims, etc. I truly miss those gatherings.

I stopped doing a lot of these since I was having a difficult time dealing with the divorce and also the $ expense of hosting. My daughter always has sleepovers and I have had a few friends over for dinner, but mostly I just meet friends out or at their homes.

Last night I was not looking forward to another night alone. Although my daughter was home, she normally hangs in her room (typical teenage girl). I called my neighbor who recently got a divorce and asked her to stop by for a drink with the kids. I also invited my married neighbors and kids to come by if they wanted. Happy to report we had a ball. 9 kids in the pool, one infant and 5 adults just talking - enjoying some wine and fruit/cheese. Very relaxing and easy.

I will try to do more of these impromptu parties in the future. It has been out of my comfort zone to entertain as a non-couple. I am always a bit nervous when couples come since I do not have a plus one and am hoping the guys are not bored.
Last night was fun.

Has it been hard for other people to entertain or be around couple friends without a plus one?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment