Pages

Search blog and web

Am I being selfish

I have been married for 13 years, in a bumpy marriage but no thought of divorce. And hope on both sides that we can resolve our differences/past mistakes. That is the short overview of our relationship. The issue I need help with:

My wife is scheduled to go on a trip to UK with her mother who is from there. The trip is scheduled to last for 14 days. 3 years ago my wife went on the same trip for 16 days and it was hell on the kids and me who at the time were in 2nd grade, 1st grade and pre-school. When she told me last night the trip was for 14 days I was surprised because she is aware how hard the last trip was on the family. My kids are now 5th, 4th and 2nd grade.

That said, last night while we were talking. I asked my wife to consider shortening her stay to 10 days and that I thought 14 days is just too long to be away that it was hell on the kids.

Well my wife takes offense She starts in with how this could be her last opportunity to go with her mom and that she wants to maximize trip. How she feels she needs to spend the time with an elderly uncle over there and how since this is her last chance to go on a trip over there she needs the time to make it count.

So there we are. She is mad at me because I have in someway taken the fun away from her and replaced it with guilt for going. I never said I didn't want her to go. I just want her to not go for so long, especially during the school year.

My question to TAM is am I being unreasonable?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment