Pages

Search blog and web

Your standard long haul advice

I've been with my girlfriend for just under 18 months.

Overall, my relationship has been great. I don't believe in perfection but what I've experienced has been brilliant.

Whilst by no means am I unhappy with my relationship at the moment I have done a lot of thinking and do have concerns.

Everyone has mentioned before how different we are. I'm a very sociable person, sporty and always on the go. On the other hand, she likes cosy night's, hates sport and very rarely hits the town.

Furthermore, I'm very focused on my career. It's not a priority but nothing is more important. Meanwhile, my girlfriend went to University and left as she was missing me.

So my first problem is that we do share little interest. We go out for meals, to the cinema and so forth, but she has little interest in my career and as do I.

I guess my major concern is that she is very reliant on me. Not financially but emotionally. She states her love for me at least three times a day. All she wants to do is cuddle. She lets me call all the shots. She has said she is just waiting to move in together and build a family. I feel like her life revolves around me and I don't want that. I do love her, of course, but I just worry that years down the line it will all become stale and I don't want that.

Secondly, from a physical standpoint I'm frustrated. It isn't the quality nor the quantity. We had issues but that's a resolved matter. Firstly, she has slept with two people. At first this upset me but I'm way over that. When she brings it up now it doesn't phase me. Meanwhile, she was my first. Before being with her I pulled in Town a lot but never went all the way. At the time I had plenty of chances but I really cared for her and I wanted to lose it to her. However, now I seem to regret it. It's a mixture of jelousy and curiosity. Jelous as my gf has slept with others and curiosity of other women. I do miss being single but mot something I can't deal with, but I do wish I could experience other girls. It doesn't help that all my friends are single, pull, go on lads holidays.

I just feel like I'm missing out on so many things. I haven't mentioned the endless positives, which there are, but I just worry that we aren't made out for a rest of our lives relationship. I wouldn't dream of ending it now, but if I did I know it would kill her (I know that sounds arrogant) but I want someone who has their own life and doens't revolve everything around me.

Any help with how to deal with all this?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629984

No comments:

Post a Comment