Pages

Search blog and web

In need of advice

I was with this girl who I met online for over a year. I live in Florida and she lived up north a little bit in Indiana. Originally, she was born in England and moved to Indiana when she was young. We both are college students, so we both had that to deal with. However, things were amazing for both of us. We cherished the time we spent together talking and hanging out on the net. We fell in love and I couldn't imagine life without her. We had our ups and downs like I imagine most relationships do, but we always talked it out and got through it. Whenever she was going through something stressful, I was always there to listen and try to cheer her up. We were really close and I felt like our relationship got stronger as time went on.

However, things really got rough for her when her mother passed away. Her mom had been battling cancer on and off throughout her life. I couldn't imagine what she must have been going through and it upset me a great deal. I always reassured her that I was here for her and to let her know she could talk to me. She traveled back to England for the funeral and came back home.

We continued to talk, but then it suddenly reached a point where she disappeared for an entire week. I wasn't able to get a hold of her through email, text, or phone. The fact that she never answered her phone for days made me worried that something awful may have happened to her.

After a week of misery, she finally contacted me on Skype. She told me how she and her father had talked and decided to move back to England where they would be surrounded by people they know. She said she needed time away to think about herself, to put me out of her mind or else I would be the only thing she thought about. From what she told me, after a week had passed and realizing she never told me, she felt horrible and hid away. She felt terrible and said how people just don't do things like that do those they love. I was so relieved that she was okay and told her that I understand and that I didn't have a problem if she and her dad felt that was for the best. She told me that she wouldn't be in England forever and that she didn't want to let me go. I simply asked that she tell me next time she needed to be alone so I wasn't left fearing the worst and wondering if she had gotten into some horrible accident.

A little more time goes by and we talk, although much less frequently. The five hour time difference made it a little tricky, but I never let it phase me. I could tell that she was really bummed out. I tried to be positive in hopes that it may make her feel better. A couple days went by and suddenly she disappeared again for a few days. While I was concerned, I didn't worry like before. A few days before, she told me about how she had to take driving lessons in order to be allowed to drive on their roads, so I knew there was a lot of readjusting she had to do. I figured she was just extremely busy with getting things moved over to England and getting settled in.

After a few days I decided to give her a call, ignoring the possible extra dollars it would cost since it would be long distance. Didn't get an answer. A couple minutes later, she gets on Skype and leaves a message telling me to not call her anymore and to leave her alone. She said she was sorry but that I had to, that she couldn't continue to be with me, then told me to leave it at this, said goodbye and left. That really hurt. Despite how much it hurt, I tried to look at things from her perspective. I knew she was still in a really bad place. She had just recently lost her mom and moved away from Indiana where her friends were in a short period of time. We also couldn't easily call each other on the phone because of the extreme cost of long distance, not to mention the time zone gap. I'm guessing she felt that trying to hold on to me would be too painful and that disappearing would be better in the long run.

Every part of me wanted to call her back and fight for her. However, I kept thinking back to what she said and how she asked me to leave it at this. I'm sure she said that because trying to talk to her would only upset her more. I don't believe for a second that she left because she wanted to, rather she did it because she felt she had to. It just hurts to see her do something like this after all the laughs, the tears, and memories we shared together. She was always so passionate and talked about having a life together.

So despite what I personally wanted to do, I sent her a text letting her know I got her message. I promised her I wouldn't call her anymore like she asked but that if she ever needed me, I would always be there for her. I kept thinking back to a promise I would always make to her. I would tell her that I would always be in her life for as long as she wanted me. I never thought I would have to live up to that promise though.

Sorry about the length, I hope I didn't babble too much. I know that I'm suppose to move on, but it's tough. I've had plenty of moments where I've wanted to call her. I miss her greatly, but I know that I may just be putting myself through unnecessary pain. She was my first love and this is the first time I've been heart broken. So now I open the floor to you guys. Any advice? Am I pretty much right on the money that I need to bite the bullet and keep on keeping on? Or perhaps I'm being a complete fool and missing something that I'm staring dead in the face? Anything you have to say, whether it be positive or negative, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629984

No comments:

Post a Comment