Pages

Search blog and web

I don't know what to do

To mods anon or delete please.

So a little bit of background info first I'm muslim fairly liberal don't drink or have pre martial sex try to pray 5 times a day however I do date girls and go out to clubs every now and then.
My parents are very conservative muslims and they follow Islam to the tee or try to at least. Although they can be narrow minded at times they are good people at heart.

My situation: Until half a year ago I was dating a girl I might in high school. All was good and in my opinion she was pretty much perfect in every way quirky funny intelligent sensitive I could go on but you get the point and had intentions of getting engaged. I was in a financially stable situation although I was studying I could easily be able to support us. Anyway she was not a Muslim nor was she from the same ethnic background as me. We were dating for around 2.5 years and I ended up ending it because I couldn't see my parents accepting her because of the religious and cultural differences. It was probably the most difficult decisions I've ever made in my life and think about it constantly.

Today I was just out on a walk and bumped into her we started talking and it bought up all these feelings that I'd been suppressing. We talked for a couple of hours and she ended up inviting me to a holiday with her (not as friends as a couple so she's essentially saying that we should start dating again). I really want to go but at the same time don't want to lead her on if I don't have intentions of marrying her. I've explained this to her and she has proposed that she converts however I explained to her how I didn't want her to convert just for me which is what she was doing.

The chance of my parents accepting her is nil and I'm afraid to try as I know even the subject would create an incredibly tense situation in the household. What do I do? Do I turn down her offer to go on holiday? Do I go? I would hopefully one day want to marry her but having my parents blessing is also very important to me.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment