Pages

Search blog and web

Would like advice - Wife doesn't work, no kids

Hi all. I'm very new to these forums & I pretty much signed up to get an opinion on what I should do. I'm pretty sure this has been discussed to death before but I believe every case is different due to whatever underlying factors there may be, so here goes.

I've been married to my wife for what would soon be 4 years. We've known each other for about 6 and were introduced by mutual friends. We're both educated & we live in a rented 3 bedroom apartment in the city & my work is a 10 minute walk away from where I live. We have no kids (but we have a dog) & I understand that she doesn't want kids either (it was something we had already discussed before marriage & we both agreed not to have kids). We have a maid that does all the cleaning & laundry for us.

The reason why I'm writing this is, I'm not really happy that she's, well, lazy! She doesn't do anything at all. She stays at home all day & watches the telly. She's "tried" working before (after much insistence from me - plus, I had to pull strings to get her that job, it was for a national carrier) but resigned after a year as she said that it was stressing her out. Being the softie that I am I told her that it was ok & she could take her time finding a new job since I could support the both of us on my pay package.

BIG MISTAKE on my part. She hasn't found a job since (this was 3 years ago) & she always gives the same reasons ("I don't like stress", "The salary is so low", "I don't have a future in that Company" etc etc). I'm actually a departmental head in the Company I work for & I've told her that if she wanted, I could have a chat with our HR guy & she'd be able to get a job, but she was like "Oh no, I know how stressful it is working there" etc.

So, like I said, she stays at home all day. Doesn't go out, at all (unless I bring her out). I buy or cook dinner every single blo*dy night (she can't cook). We once ran out of drinking water in our apartment & there was a grocery store right opposite the road. She actually phoned me while I was at work to say that we've run out of drinking water & that she & the dog were thirsty. I had to basically drop everything, walk 10 minutes back, get water for her & run back to work.

So, my mom came to visit me today since my wife is on holiday. She goes off somewhere with her brother/ friends every 3 or 4 months, and yes I have to pay for it. And I basically talked about all these grievances with my mom. My mom also took the initiative & spoke to our maid and interestingly, our maid actually told my mom what a "lazy b**ch" my wife was (actual words), of how I have to work, cook dinner & all she does is sit around watching T.V.

Ok so, now, my mom is asking me to seriously re-consider this marriage. I was shrugging it off today until my wife called me at night (after my mom went back) & told me that she needed more money. I then asked her what happened and she went on to rant about how her sister's husband just bought her a house & now they have 2 houses and why won't I buy her this/ that etc etc (technically, I found out that it was her husband's dad that bought the house, and yes, the dad is loaded, a legislator or politician or something) and she actually told me that if i had no money, I should beg, borrow or steal it from my family (I said no & she complained about how cheap my parents were compared to her sister's husband).

At that point I think I snapped. I just shut my mouth, told her I wasn't feeling well & that I'd call her tomorrow. Right now, I seriously don't know if I should consider divorcing her or not. I love my parents-in-law (they're really great people, really understanding folk) but their daughter just sucks! Since my mom is already asking me to think about separation, I assume my parents would be ok with it, I'm just worried about how it would affect my parents-in-law.

So yes, there's my story. Kudos to those that have went through all of this and sincere apologies about the wall of text. I would really appreciate any thoughts, comments or opinion on the matter and again to all here, thank you.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment