Pages

Search blog and web

Insight - What they don't tell you... (post break-up scenario)

Hey guys. I've posted my situation a month ago and, although it's been hard, I've dealt with my break-up one day at a time. To those of you who doesn't know, here's a quick recap:

-Girlfriend told me she needed some space, so she decided to "break" for a while to enjoy her friends as she is finishing college in 4 months.
-One week later we had a talk, and she told me that she only needed her vacations to think about, anejoy a while and, probably, we would be dating. I gave her space. Most important, she said that whatever was going to happen, we would stay friends and be very close (I still think that is possible, in time).

Although it's been hard, I've been moving on slowly. I have seen friends I haven't for a while, and I have also went out with some people I'm in contact and that have helped me through my "mourning" period. In time, I have come to accept that my relationship is kinda over, and I'm looking at my future right now. So I decided to start taking care of some business.

As of now, I'm writing my dissertation to get my BA and I have come to realize that going to my college's library is the right place to work. This is weird, because I hated that place before, but now I think is time to man up and face my fears or the things I hate. Besides, I see friends and people all day that are worth meeting, which makes me feel fine. The problem is... MY EX IS AROUND. I don't feel bad or sad about seeing her ocassionally (it's a small place, so the chances of seeing her are high). In fact, most of the times I don't mind seeing her, whilst others I feel fine to see she is doing great.

Yesterday she came to ask me why I've been there. I told her that I was writing my dissertation. Then she claimed, while annoyed, that it was "a coincidence" that sometimes I was there while she was also around. I said "what can I do? It's a small place and you know it". Finally, she accused me for having lunch with my friends (me and my friends usually have a blast off during luch and I think she has seen this), to which I didn't reply, because it seemed like a really stupid comment. I told her that I didn't knew what the problem was, as I was taking care of my own business. She said "I need my space".

My guess is that she isn't over me, otherwise she'd feel indifference. I've been very comprehensive about our situation. However, although I care a great about this girl, as she is my friend, I think she is going bonkers and she is being a little bit wilful. Of course, I won't stop going to that place, because I do it thinking about myself, not about her.

What do you think about this scenario? Thanks.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629984

No comments:

Post a Comment