Pages

Search blog and web

Unexplained body changes

My partner has reassured me about my body image issues, but I just don't know if I can believe him or not. I am moderately active in a sport that has caused me to put on some muscle. So, over the past three years since I started in the sport, I have gained weight. I have asked people I trust if they think I have put on weight (the bad kind) and insisted that I wanted to hear the brutal, honest truth. Everyone around me that I have asked reassured me that I look fine, and perfectly healthy. But I feel like I am totally uncomfortable in my own body. I got the depo shot around 9 months ago, (just one time) and ever since the shot, these random stretch marks have been showing up all over my body... around my navel, upper thighs, and hips. I feel like they are destroying my self-confidence and, in turn, my relationship with my partner. I know I need to work on my own body image myself, and that no matter how many times he tells me I look great, I w ill not believe him unless I feel great inside. But I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this? Every site I go to for information on random stretch marks will only talk about women who have been pregnant in the past getting them, and I have never been pregnant.
I don't understand why these things are showing up all over my body and it is making me so unhappy with myself that my relationship is suffering.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment