Pages

Search blog and web

A daughters confusion

Three years ago my wife and I separated due to growing apart. A little while later we divorced. Despite the divorce we were great parents attending all of our kids events together, in short nothing changed except for the living arrangements.

Fast forward a year and all of the co-parenting and attending of kids events led my ex and I to reconnect and slowly we began spending more and more time together until we were dating again.

As time went on and we grew closer together and things were great or so we thought. Little did we know but our daughter was growing more and more confused. She was 10 when we divorced at I know the divorce hurt her a lot. She didn't act out or do poorly in school but more so would just ask questions to my ex and I like "if you're dating why don't you just get married?" At first we played it off and said that we needed more time and she understood this.

Then about a two months ago I started staying there and once again the questions about us getting remarried came up. I talked to her and asked her if she enjoyed having mom and dad together again and she said "I guess".

About two weeks ago on a daddy/daughter outing she broke down and told me she was frustrated and didn't know what was going on and confused because if mom and dad liked each other enough to live together why didn't they get married again. That and the fact that her friends were beginning to ask her questions that she couldn't answer. I could see the pain and confusion on her face and so I asked her what she wanted me to do. Her comment was "I don't know. I love you being here but it just doesn't make sense that you don't get married". I listened and it broke my heart that this was causing her an entirely new pain. I reminded her that she could always come to me and talk.

Well a week ago she broke down in my arms and said she couldn't take it anymore. I asked her what was wrong and she said either mom and dad loved each other enough to get married or they shouldn't be together. I asked her what she thought we should do and she said she thought dad should move out because things were screwed up enough. The pain in her eyes and her tears on my arm broke my heart. Here I was reconnecting with the woman I have always loved while at the same time breaking my daughters heart and getting her hopes up. Teenage years are tough enough without stress from home. I didn't know what to do so I sat on this for a while mulling it over in my mind.

Finally I decided that her state of mind was more important than my happiness so I did move out. When I told my ex I was leaving she was confused. We discussed what was going on and reasons why I had to leave, however I didn't mention my daughter and her pain and discussion with me because I didn't want my ex to get mad at our daughter or have animosity towards her as there relationship is amazing and every girl needs there mother.

Since this all transpired my ex has stopped talking to me except about our daughter and is pissed while my daughter cried on my arm and asked why, I told her it was for her so that she could relax and find peace. She smiled and said thank you. I would do anything for my daughter.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment