Pages

Search blog and web

Texting a coworker

I am so confused, hoping talking through this will help.

Husband and I have been married for just under a year, together for 4. A woman started working in his department a few months ago, and approx. 2 months ago, I saw texts between them on his phone. Non-work related, but nothing horrible either. So husband and I sat down, and I explained (very calmly I might add) that it makes me uncomfortable that they are texting, and asked that he keep communication between them work related. He said ok, said he understood and that he would.

So a couple of weeks ago, I asked if I could see his phone, and he instantly got angry and tossed it to me and walked out of the room all huffy muttering about how I'm not going to like it.

Well, as I'm sure you've guessed, they were still texting. There weren't many on there, and again, nothing horrible, but he is texting her to "smile" with all these smiley faces and it's stuff that just seems odd to me to text to a random person he just met not overly long ago, that he knows his wife is uncomfortable with.

When I confronted him about it, I only asked why he still was when I had asked him not to. He swears that there is no interest there, and nothing inappropriate, but my issue is that I cannot get over the feeling of being betrayed. He kept saying that he didn't have a good answer and he deleted her number, saying that I am welcome to check his phone records from now on. I don't want to be that wife though... I so desperately want to make our marriage work, but I just haven't been able to shake the suspicion and hurt.

Please help, any insight or advice would be appreciated.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment