Pages

Search blog and web

Improving self esteem after relationship?

  • Thread Starter

I've recently been dumped after a 3 year relationship and my self esteem and self worth are at an all time low. Due to loads of unfortunate circumstances and moving to be with my ex, I'm in a place where I barely know anyone and I have about 3 friends (not super close). I'm reasonably attractive, not gorgeous, but quite pretty. Or at least I used to be because when I'm puffy eyed and have smeared make up and bum around in my hoodies, and after being dumped, I feel ugly and unlovable.

Before my ex I used to either always be in a relationship or be flirting with at least one guy and I used to have loads of friends and have fun a lot. Now I'm isolated and barely talk to anyone and I find it mildly awkward keeping a conversation going and everytime I get drunk I keep talking about my ex, which is a mood killer.

I'm moving and starting a new job in September and I know things will improve then because I'll meet new people, move in with a houseshare of professionals. But that is 5 months away and I have to move back home, which is a tiny village, for the summer holidays where everyone I know has moved away.

My question is- what do I do until then? It used to be easy at uni when you were surrounded by 1000 people every day, but I'm not in a place to meet people now.

I was thinking of trying tinder or plenty of fish, but since I'm still in 'relationship mode' not hookup mode, I'm worried my self esteem would drop if anyone just wanted a hookup or if a guy who seemed interesting didn't reply.

Thanks for any advice! I know I will be ok come September but it's so long away :(

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment