Pages

Search blog and web

Feeling trapped

  • Thread Starter

So I'm coming to the end of my first year at university, and I'm feeling like I havnt really enjoyed my first year.

In September when I started, I got into a nice group of people in my course, as people stopped going to lectures, only two of them were left, and as time went on I realised that they're incredibly boring and bitchy about their flat mates... It's getting to the point where I hate when I have to meet up with them even though they don't go to many lectures now anyway, but I feel like at the end of the second term I'm in too deep.

The first term was all good because I have a close group of friends from my block and a few from other halls, but in the second term they all started to spend a lot of time with other groups from societies and their course friends, so I find myself just sitting in my room doing nothing on my own, I've always been an outdoor person so spending this amount of time makes me so stressed out, I've tried going on walks and cycles but being alone a lot stresses me out aswell. I just want to have a normal life again with other groups of friends but not joining societies screwed me for that one... When I lived at home I had quite a few groups of friends so never experienced this feeling!!

I don't feel like I can talk to anyone at uni because I don't want to annoy them with my problems or anyone at home because whenever they ask how uni is going I just say it's fine, I would hate to go back knowing my parents are aware that I'm not enjoying it anymore, they'd just worry and I feel like it's my problem to solve.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment