Pages

Search blog and web

My personal tutor is being a bitch to me

  • Thread Starter

TL;DR: I confided my personal issues in my tutor and now she's bullying me to the point that I cry every night. I feel worthless because of her.

I'm an international student studying law. The past few months I find myself unable to do any work for uni. I had no energy to wake up in the mornings, take a shower, dress up and go to lectures. I had insomnia for months which got cured by sleeping pills. I also had a surgery over Christmas and therefore could not revise back them. As a result of my issues I did not take midsessional exams and have been performing poorly.

In February I had an hour long meeting with my personal tutor. She has a reputation of being very horrid but I wasn't exactly aware of this when I talked to her. She said that I had no chance of passing at the end of this year so I had to postpone my studies, or choose 1 or 2 exams to prepare for and leave the rest for September. I should add that all but one of our modules are 100% assessed by June exams, except one coursework based subject. I got 52 on the first cw and waiting for the mark of my second one. She actually managed to convince me briefly but my mum talked me out of it and came over here for support. Then I told her that I had no intention of postponing my studies and that I would take all of my exams in June. She not only insisted that this was a bad strategy, but also implicitly suggested that I was lying all along and I wasn't actually ill.

Two months later I got my life back on track. I applied for a summer school in July which required a letter of good standing from my university (to show that I still attend university, did not plagiarise etc.). I kindly asked my personal tutor to write one for me, but she refused to so because I was stupid enough to tell her that I wasn't attending lectures and been zoning out in tutorials. She said I was a student with poor attendance and that the jury was out on whether I would progress to Year 2. I really regret talking to her in the first place; there are so many students who did not turn up to midsessional exams and the majority never go to lectures either. She is punishing me for being so honest to her.

I really don't know what to do. I asked the academic director to change my personal tutor but he refused to do so. She is making me feel so worthless. :'(

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment