Pages

Search blog and web

is it possible to get past an affair?

My husband and I separated in December. He left. I did not want him to.

Even though we were separated, we were still seeing each other pretty regularly and being intimate almost every time we did see each other.

He was having an emotional affair before he left (with my best friend) that continued for a while after he left. They had sex once, after he left me. They were both drunk and he said that it never would have happened if he hadn't been drunk. I knew that it happened before he would admit to me that it did. Finally he admitted it but tells me that he barely remembers it at all. I've seen texts between them about how "amazing" it was though. I've asked for some of the details of how it happened but he won't give them... I'm not sure that I believe that he "doesn't remember."

He and I were having problems that he became infatuated with her (not sure why) but I'm pretty sure that's over now.

After about 6 weeks of separation, he and I decided to try to reconcile. It's been about 2 months now. He hasn't talked to her in almost as long. I told him that I needed there to be distance between them, at least for a while. I told him that I wasn't sure I would ever be ok with them being friends ever again because they both betrayed me and hurt me so badly.

So, the last 2 months have been very bumpy. We've had great/amazing/perfect times and we've had times where I'm crying so hard that I'm sick.

My question is, is it possible to move past an affair? And if so, how the heck do you do it? I feel like all I think about is them together.... :(

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment